Transformation Education is an organizational philosophy and operational methodology for child-serving organizations. Transformation Education is rooted in two foundational beliefs. First, that organizational culture has the most powerful impact on promoting growth and change in the children, youth and families we serve. Second, that the thinking and behavior of the organization’s staff is the most important determinate of this transformational culture. Consequently, Transformation Education is focused on developing an intentional, aligned and integrated culture that radiates the beliefs, values and life skills children and youth need to be successful. Transformation Education is a philosophy because it advocates a way of thinking by child-serving adults that leads to successful outcomes for children and youth. Transformation Education is also an operating methodology, because it provides leaders with concrete, practical tools for identifying, creating and maintaining a transformational culture.
Transformation Education is different because it concentrates on transforming how professionals think and act toward children rather than “fixing” the children’s behavior. Transformation Education works because it harnesses an organization’s systems, staff, environment and curriculum to provide an enriched and effective milieu for educating children and youth.
In more than a decade of implementation, the demonstrated Transformation Education benefits include:
1. Increased return to less restrictive environments
2. Decreased need for physical crisis intervention
3. Increased ability to manage difficult children
4. Increased academic proficiency
5. Decreased time focused on crisis management
6. Decreased child care worker, foster parent and teacher turnover rates
7. Decreased damage and repair costs
8. Increased occupancy rates
9. Increased revenue and organizational growth